When AKL of Live.Lafe.Love nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award, however, I had to take the challenge because AKL is a fun, humorous and transparent blogger. Also, because I owe it to the artsy mama Lillian Connelly of It's A Dome Life to finally participate in some kind of award ordeal.
The twist is I'm going to break the rules by: 1) not posting the rules; 2) saving 7 random facts about myself for another post; 3) changing the number of bloggers I include here; and 4) stating that the people I name here are allowed to also break the rules and not continue the chain.
That's right! No extra work for them… I just want to share their awesomeness with my readers.
Here are 6 Fellow Bloggers You'll Love as Much as I Do (in no particular order):
2. Lillian Connelly of It's A Dome Life is a fun and fabulous painter and mother. She hosts "A Fish Out of Water" guest post series, through which women around the world share their stories about living in new cultures. Plus, she's created her own "Generous Blogger" award, which I think is just darn cool.
3. Virginia Gudiel of Mom In Love Forever is one of the most fashion-forward women I know, and she's turning her daughter into one too. She writes about great clothing, accessories and toys as well as all of the fun activities she does with her gorgeous daughter. I'm glad I'm her friend. You should be hers too.
4. Shell of Things I Can't Say hosts "Pour Your Heart Out" on Wednesdays, and it is such a meaningful linkup to me. This linkup has inspired several important posts of mine, and I am grateful to Shell for giving folk a place where they feel like they can write those things they usually can't say aloud. Most importantly, I love how transparent Shell is in her writing about both the ups and down of motherhood and marriage.
5. Honest Mom describes herself as "Authentic. Funny. Soul-baring. And always, always honest," and she is! She writes about moms, depression and life with her kids in a way that will make you feel like you're not alone in the world with your frustrations. She also hosts an awesome linkup called "Honest Voices" where "you’re invited to link up with a post of yours that you’re really proud of." It's great!
6. Kimberly Speranza of Sperk*, in her own words, "fearlessly [examines her] life with two adolescent daughters." Her post on depression inspired me to publicly address my own secret battle with depression, and I'm eternally grateful to her for that. She writes with extreme honesty and, at times, hilarity. She also hosts "Wednesday's Woman," which is a moving guest series all about honoring the beautiful women we know.
Happy Valentine's Day to all you wonderful bloggers out there.
Thank you for making my life easier to understand by sharing your own stories with the world and for being just plain awesome.