Hi! I'm so glad you're here. Equis Place is a safe space to express my thoughts on love, life and justice. As such, my blog allows me to globally share my voice as a Nuyorican woman.
Thank you for joining this Latina as I journey through urban life with my son, Equis (EH-kees). I invite you to share your life stories here too.
~Xiomara A. Maldonado
There are dozens of quotes about moms that I love, but these 5 quotes about mothers make the top of my list:
1. The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman
2. Mother is a verb. ~Unknown
3. Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed. ~Linda Wooten
4. The moment a child is born, a mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
5. I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine--she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Terri Guillemets
What's your favorite quote about mothers or motherhood? Share below!
I'm writing a post a day this March with BlogHer's NaBloPoMo.
All content on this site by Xiomara Andrea Maldonado is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.