1. Tragedy of Errors. "She didn't remember the rest of the ride or climbing out of the car. She didn't remember him opening or using any of those condoms. 'What the hell happened? What did you do?' she berated herself."
2. To the Love of My Life: My Son. "My love for you is larger than your classroom, your school, our city, our country, our world or our galaxy. My love for you is stronger than you think my arms are--it can carry you much further."
3. A Thank You Letter to My Other Half. "Thank you for making me Lipton soup on the stove when I was sick. I know you'd rather have stuck to microwaving Perdue chicken nuggets, but I appreciated your attempt to cook."
4. My Top 5 Favorite Things to Photograph. "Our photography date was one of our most fun and memorable ones. I'm thankful that through our mutual love of photography, we were able to grow our love too."
5. 5 Reasons Why I Love My Parents. "$11,000 a year. It still astounds me that, as a family, you guys made only $11,000 a year when I was just a baby."
6. Will I Cry While He's Under Anesthesia? "NO! NO! NO! That's exactly what I didn't want to hear!" I yelled, my voice echoing against the walls of the small Chinatown office. The doctor's small eyes widened, surprised by my outburst, and she nervously grabbed at her hair.
7. How to Elegantly Hoard Your Child's Beloved Artwork. "I'm a hoarder. At least, that's what my boyfriend tells me every time I don't want to throw something, say--our sons' artwork--in the trash."
8. What's It Like to Date in 5th Grade? "One of the worst things to happen to us, then, was to break up when we graduated from sixth grade--we were going to different middle schools, and I didn't know how we could keep up our secret relationship."
9. How Do You Chronicle Your Love? "The scrapbook that I'd started for Equis, when he was simply known as Little Star in my belly, has just been hanging out in my closet for the past two years incomplete."
10. New Yorker: A Poem.
"I worry someone drank too much tonight
and vomited there,
but when I see what they see,
I see only a man—a man"
Check Out My Top 10 February Posts Rewind:
What was your favorite post from this past month?
All content on this site by Xiomara Andrea Maldonado is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.