I wish I could use this blog post to talk about how I might do work to follow in his footsteps, but I haven't figured that out just yet. I must reflect upon it, and I hope that others will reflect on it too… so that together we can create a better world for ourselves and for our children.
I'd love to see a world in which:
- women are paid as much on the dollar as men are;
- men and women of various sexual orientations are fully accepted as they are;
- the gap between rich and poor is not enormous;
- victims of sexual violence do not have to suffer the indignity of blame;
- people living with mental health disorders receive adequate care and compassion;
- and people of color are not demeaned or subjugated by societal standards.
This post is linked to Pour Your Heart Out with Things I Can't Say.