But nothing quite says "I love you" like a gift you make yourself--such as a homemade Valentines Day card or a Chronicle of Love scrapbook.
For me, creative gifts are the best gifts.
Within two years, the newest technological gadget ages a lifetime, while a homemade gift should last several lifetimes as a cherished keepsake.
That's why I created this scrapbook for my other half as a Valentine's Day gift.
Sure, it took me nine hours to print, stick and glue everything onto the pages, but each moment I watched my boyfriend smile as he turned the pages made it all worth it.
Check Out My Valentine's Day Scrapbook Here:
- A Scrapbook (I bought this one at Target for $1.00!)
- Photos (I edited digital photos using PicMonkey to create collages)
- Stickers (I used butterflies, stars, circles, hearts, letters, flowers, etc.)
- Paper (computer paper, colored paper, photo paper)
- Scissors (to cut items to size and to cut out shapes such as hearts)
- Glue (I used a glue stick for paper; you can use rubber cement on photo paper)
- Computer/Printer (to create and print your lovely photo collages and messages)
- Random Scraps from magazines/ other items (I cut out hearts from a Ferrero Rocher's box!)
- Writing Utensils (I used markers and a pen to write most of the messages)
The options are endless because a scrapbook is your creation. You make it the way you want to and with the materials that are available to you.
You can use professionally printed photos or print your own. You can use all stickers or magazine clippings of letters and pictures or you can create your own embellishments using scissors and any kind of paper. You can write out your messages by hand or print and paste them. Or you can do all of these things!
No matter how you make the scrapbook, your loved one is sure to appreciate the thoughtfulness and effort put into such a creative gift.